Many thanks for showing interest in our products. LUTZ® takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. Below, we would like to inform you about how your personal data are handled.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company's Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by the following entity:
LUTZ GmbH & Co. KG, Wuppertaler Strasse 251, 42653 Solingen, Germany; Tel.: +49 212 5966-0, Fax: +49 212 5966-26; Senior Partner: Lutz-Verwaltungs GmbH, Managing Directors: Dr Frieder Lutz; Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Alexander Lutz; Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. (FH) Martin Wurth; Email: info(at)lutz-blades.com
The Data Protection Officer is available at the above address and at datenschutz(at)lutz-blades.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, the type of data processed, as well as its intended use
a) When you visit our website
When you access our website www.lutz-blades.com, the browser installed on your computer will automatically transmit certain information to the server that hosts our website. That information is stored temporarily in a log file. The following information will be collected without your having to do anything and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of your PC,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the files accessed,
- The website from which the access was initiated (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of the PC and the name of your access provider.
Those data are used by us in the following way:
- To ensure smooth connection between your PC and our website server,
- To ensure our website functions as expected,
- To evaluate system security and stability, and
- For additional administrative purposes.
These data are processed on the basis of Article 6(1)f General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest as defined there arises from the above list of grounds for the data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected to identify you.
b) If you use our contact form
For enquiries of all kinds, we offer you the opportunity to contact us through the forms on our website. In those cases, the only personal data we require is your email address so that we know who the email is from and to enable us to reply to you. Any other information you give us is voluntary.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting you is as defined in Article 6(1)a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us when you use the contact form will be deleted automatically as soon as the enquiry you have sent us is dealt with.
3. Provision of data to third parties
Transmission of your personal data to third parties for any other purpose than those listed below does not occur.
Personal data provided by you will only be disclosed to third parties in these circumstances:
- If you have provided explicit consent as defined in Article 6(1)a GDPR,
- If the transfer is in accordance with Article 6(1)f GDPR and is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims for the purposes of legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests of the data subject,
- If, as defined in Article 6(1)c GDPR, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject and
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject as defined in Article 6(1)b GDPR.
The cookie contains information that is matched exactly to the device on which it is stored. This does not mean, however, that we discover your identity in this way.
Cookies are intended, on the one hand, to make it easier for you to use our website. We use session cookies to enable us to see that you have visited individual pages of our site. These are automatically deleted when you navigate away from our site.
In addition, we use permanent cookies to optimise your use of the site and these remain on your computer for a defined period of time. If you return to our site to make use of our services, the cookie recognises automatically that you have been there before and the entries and settings you made last time, so you do not have to repeat them.
The data processed by the cookies for the purposes listed above are the basis of our legitimate interest and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6(1)f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. It is, however, possible for you to configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you will see a notification every time a new cookie is created. Deactivating all cookies completely can, however, mean that not all the functions of our website will work.
5. Analytical tools
Tracking as described below is carried out in accordance with Article 6(1)f GDPR. The tracking methods used by us are intended to ensure that our website responds the way you expect it to and allow us to keep improving it. We also use tracking to allow us to collect statistics about how our website is used and to enable us to evaluate the site with a view to optimising it for you and other visitors. These interests are considered to be "legitimate interests" as defined in the provisions cited above.
The data processing purposes and data categories can be seen from the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
To enable us to optimise the way our website works, and to optimise it continually, we use Google Analytics, a web analytical tool supplied by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to below as "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are generated and cookies used (refer to Point 4). The information generated by the cookies relating to your use of the site is as follows:
- Browser type and version,
- Your operating system,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- Host name of the accessing PC (IP address),
- Time of the server enquiry,
and this information is transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is stored. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services related to the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and to optimise the way our website works. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is legally required, or where third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will under no circumstances associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. For this purpose the IP address of your computer is stored in an anonymised form (IP masking) to prevent such association.
You can prevent the storage of cookies on your computer by adjusting your browser settings. However, we would like to point out that if you do this, not all functions of this website may be available to you to the full extent.
You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie for the use of the website (including your IP address) from being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular in the case of browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics collecting data by clicking this link. This stores an opt-out cookie which will prevent your data being stored on future visits to this site. That opt-out cookie will apply only to that browser and only for our website, and will be stored on that device. If you delete the cookies in that browser, you will have to install the opt-out cookie again.
Additional information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help section (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-gb).
We use an open-source software package called Matomo to analyse and statistically evaluate the use of our website. This involves storing cookies (see Point 4). The information generated by the cookie about the way our website is used is transmitted to our server and stored in pseudonym user profiles. This information is used to evaluate use of the website and to optimise the way our website works. This information is not transferred to third parties.
Under no circumstances will the IP address be linked to any other data relating to the user. For this purpose the IP address of your computer is stored in an anonymised form (IP masking) to prevent such association.
Your visit to this site is currently being processed by Matomo web analysis. Click here to stop this visit being monitored: (https://matamo.org/docs/privacy/).
6. The rights of data subjects
You have the following rights
- In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to information on the personal data we have stored about you. In particular, you have the right to require information on the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data collected, the recipient or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or withdrawal of consent, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details;
- In accordance with Article 16 GDPR, you are entitled to rectification of inaccurate personal data and completion of the data stored by us without undue delay;
- In accordance with Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) of personal data stored by us unless processing of those data is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- In accordance with Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to obtain restriction of processing if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance;
- In accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will mean that, for the future, we will not be permitted to process your data as originally enabled by that consent, and
- In accordance with Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Normally, you can lodge such a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for your place of residence or workplace or with our company head office.
7. Right to object
Where your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interest as defined in Article 6(1)f GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning yourself in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, or where your objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object and this will be implemented by us without your having to provide details of a particular situation.
To take advantage of your right to object or withdraw consent, it is sufficient to send an email to info(at)lutz-blades.com.
8. Data security
When you visit our website, we apply the commonly used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be 256-bit encryption. Where a browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will apply 128-bit V3 technology. You can see whether individual pages from our website are being transmitted in encrypted form by the key or closed padlock image in the status bar at the bottom of your browser window.
In addition, we employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against randomised or malicious manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised interception by third parties (man-in-the-middle attacks). Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technical progress.
9. Currency and modifications to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is valid in its current form as at May 2018.
We may need to revise and modify this privacy statement as our website develops and the offers available through it are modified or to accommodate changes in legal requirements. The privacy statement as amended from time to time can be viewed and printed at any time on our website under https://www.lutz-blades.com/en/data-protection.html.