Many thanks for showing interest in our products. LUTZ® takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. Below, we would like to inform you about how your personal data are handled.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company's Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by the following entity:
LUTZ GmbH & Co. KG, Piepersberg 20, 42653 Solingen, Germany; Tel.: +49 212 5966-0, Fax: +49 212 5966-229; Senior Partner: Lutz-Verwaltungs GmbH, Managing Directors: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Alexander Lutz; Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. (FH) Martin Wurth; Email: info(at)lutz-blades.com
The Data Protection Officer is available at the above address and at datenschutz(at)lutz-blades.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, the type of data processed, as well as its intended use
a) When you visit our website
When you access our website www.lutz-blades.com, the browser installed on your computer will automatically transmit certain information to the server that hosts our website. That information is stored temporarily in a log file. The following information will be collected without you having to do anything and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of your PC,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the files accessed,
- The website from which the access was initiated (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of the PC and the name of your access provider.
Those data are used by us in the following way:
- To ensure smooth connection between your PC and our website server,
- To ensure our website functions as expected,
- To evaluate system security and stability, and
- For additional administrative purposes.
These data are processed on the basis of Article 6(1)f General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest as defined there arises from the above list of grounds for the data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected to identify you.
b) If you use our contact form
For enquiries of all kinds, we offer you the opportunity to contact us through the forms on our website. In those cases, the only personal data we require is your email address so that we know who the email is from and to enable us to reply to you. Any other information you give us is voluntary.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting you is as defined in Article 6(1)a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us when you use the contact form will be deleted automatically as soon as the enquiry you have sent us is dealt with.
c) When submitting application documents
At www.lutz-blades.com we have set up the opportunity for you to send us your job application by email. Your email address is affected by these provisions, including logging functions on our computers and all the personal data contained in your email concerning your application. We collect the following data:
- Street address
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Contact details
- Curriculum vitae
- Any severe disability
The purpose of processing these data is to select appropriate applicants and establish an employment relationship in certain cases.
The legal basis for processing is Sec. 26 Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) (new) and Art. 6(1) b GDPR (e.g. applications for freelance work).
Recipient/third party/third country transmission (Art. 13(1) e and f GDPR): These data are not transmitted to third parties. All emails are processed on computers within the European Union, and we have an agreement with the hoster (processor) of the emails for processing according to Art. 28 GDPR. No transfers of these data to a third country take place and none is intended. A transmission of personal data to state institutions and authorities only takes place as part of statutory regulations.
Erasure periods (Art. 13(2) a GDPR): Application data will be deleted 2 months after the end of the application procedure, but no later than 6 months after receipt of the application. If an employment relationship is created, the data are transferred to the personnel file. The legal basis for this is also Art. 6(1) b GDPR. Excluded from this deletion are application data for which the applicant has expressly agreed to be included in an archive for later application rounds for a certain period (after which the data will then be deleted) and/or if Art. 17(3) GDPR applies, and in particular if a statutory archiving period exists and/or the data are required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
3. Provision of data to third parties
Transmission of your personal data to third parties for any other purpose than those listed below does not occur.
Personal data provided by you will only be disclosed to third parties in these circumstances:
- If you have provided explicit consent as defined in Article 6(1)1a GDPR,
- If the transfer is in accordance with Article 6(1)1f GDPR and is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims for the purposes of legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests of the data subject,
- If, as defined in Article 6(1)1c GDPR, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject and
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject as defined in Article 6(1)1b GDPR.
The cookie contains information that is matched exactly to the device on which it is stored. This does not mean, however, that we discover your identity in this way.
Cookies are intended to make it easier for you to use our website. We use session cookies to enable us to see that you have visited individual pages of our site. These are regularly automatically deleted when you close your browser.
In addition, we use permanent cookies to optimise your use of the site and these remain on your computer for a defined period of time. If you return to our site to make use of our services, the cookies recognise automatically that you have been there before and the entries and settings you made last time, so you do not have to repeat them.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. It is, however, possible for you to configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you will see a notification every time a new cookie is created. Deactivating all cookies completely can, however, mean that not all the functions of our website will work.
5. Analytical tool
Tracking as described below is carried out in accordance with Article 6(1)1f GDPR. The tracking method used by us is intended to ensure that our website responds the way you expect it to and allow us to keep improving it. We also use tracking to allow us to collect statistics about how our website is used and to enable us to evaluate the site with a view to optimising it for you and other visitors. These interests are considered to be "legitimate interests" as defined in the provision cited above.
The data processing purpose and data category can be seen from the tracking tool.
We use an open-source software package called Matomo to analyse and statistically evaluate the use of our website. This involves storing cookies (see Point 4). The information generated by the cookie about the way our website is used is transmitted to our server and stored in pseudonym user profiles. This information is used to evaluate use of the website and to optimise the way our website works. This information is not transferred to third parties.
Under no circumstances will the IP address be linked to any other data relating to the user. For this purpose the IP address of your computer is stored in an anonymised form (IP masking) to prevent such association.
Your visit to this site is currently being processed by Matomo web analysis. Click here to stop this visit being monitored: (https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/).
6. The rights of data subjects
You have the following rights
- In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to information on the personal data we have stored about you. In particular, you have the right to require information on the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data collected, the recipient or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or withdrawal of consent, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details;
- In accordance with Article 16 GDPR, you are entitled to rectification of inaccurate personal data and completion of the data stored by us without undue delay;
- In accordance with Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) of personal data stored by us unless processing of those data is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- In accordance with Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to obtain restriction of processing if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you or the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead or we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds of override yours;
- In accordance with Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance;
- In accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will mean that, for the future, we will not be permitted to process your data as originally enabled by that consent, and
- In accordance with Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Normally, you can lodge such a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for your place of residence or workplace or with our company head office.
7. Right to object
Where your personal data are processed on the basis of Article 6(1)e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6(1)f GDPR (data processing based on a balancing of interests), you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning yourself in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, or where your objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object and this will be implemented by us without you having to provide details of a particular situation.
To take advantage of your right to object or withdraw consent, it is sufficient to send an email to info(at)lutz-blades.com.
8. Data security
When you visit our website, we apply the commonly used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be 256-bit encryption. Where a browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will apply 128-bit V3 technology. You can see whether individual pages from our website are being transmitted in encrypted form by the key or closed padlock image in the status bar at the bottom of your browser window.
In addition, we employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against randomised or malicious manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised interception by third parties (man-in-the-middle attacks). Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technical progress.
9. Currency and modifications to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is valid in its current form as at October 2020.
We may need to revise and modify this privacy statement as our website develops and the offers available through it are modified or to accommodate changes in legal requirements. The privacy statement as amended from time to time can be viewed and printed at any time on our website under https://www.lutz-blades.com/en/data-protection.html.